Friday, July 23, 2010

Who AM I?


Who AM I?
Creating a family identity is an effective way to instill our children with a sense of permanence, belonging, and stability, paving the road for raising confident, independent, moral children. The stronger that identity is, the more comfortable our children will be in their own skins, because they are a unique part of a strong group-a group that accepts them as they are. This is crucial for their developing faith in their own inner choice-making abilities rather than relying on peer pressure, the media, public schools and colleges’ humanistic alienated philosophies, and other outside influences as guiding beacons. Sadly, children whose families have weak identities often seek guidance from less pristine influences to achieve a sense of belonging that they haven't been able to gain within the confines of their homes. So that, the Holy Spirit inspired the apostle Paul to exhort, warn and advice us and our children to do the right thing in chapter 4 of the book of Ephesians, to find our identity in the person of our Lord Jesus, The Bible God’s holy word, and in our leadership.
For example, in verse one he instead us to walk, to behave, to act, to respond according to our “Vocation,” the fulfillment of our God-appointed task in everyday life, therefore we may glorify God by doing the best in his ability and knowledge continuously to exert its influence in an increasingly secular world. The idea of vocation is central to the Christian belief that God has created each person with gifts, and talents oriented toward specific purposes and a way of life. Our vocation includes the use of ones gifts and talents in our profession, family life, church and civic commitments for the sake of the greater common good, the salvation of the souls. A vocation, from the Latin vocare (verb, to call), is a term for an occupation to which a person is specially drawn or for which they are suited, trained or qualified; or our spiritual DNA.  Because repetition is the matter of all learning, I want to share with you some of my favorites and strong verses of the Bible that if you repeat daily aloud it will help you to build up your identity, personality, self-esteem, confidence in Jesus and His Word. Therefore, you will be able to walk in the plan, destiny and purpose that God already have for your life, your spiritual DNA, because you are God’s workmanship-His handiwork-born anew.
Who I am in Jesus Christ
I am the salt of the earth (Matthew 5:13)
I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14)
I am the child of God (John 1:12)
I am part of the true vine, a channel of Jesus Christ’s life and blessings (John 15:1-5)
I am a friend of Jesus Christ (John 15:15)
I am appointed by Jesus Christ to bear His fruit (John 15:16)
I am a slave of righteousness (Romans 6:22)
I am a son or a daughter of God (Romans 8:14, 15)
I am a joint heir with Jesus Christ, sharing His inheritance (Romans 8:17)
I am united to the Lord and am one spirit with Him (1 Corinthians 6:17)
I am a member of Jesus Christ’s body (1 Corinthians 12:27; Ephesians 5:30)
I am a temple, a dwelling place of God (1 Corinthians 3: 16; 6:19)
I am a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)
I am reconciled to God through Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:18,19)
I am minister of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:18,19)
I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:21)
I am a son or a daughter of God and one in Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:26, 28)
I am an heir with God since I am a son of God (Galatians 4:6,7)
I am a saint (Ephesians 1:1, 1; Corinthians 1:2; Philippians 1:1; Colossians 1:2)
I am God’s workmanship-His handiwork-born anew (Ephesians 2:10)
I am a fellow citizen with the rest of God’s family (Ephesians 2:19)
I am prisoner of Christ (Ephesians 3:1; 4:1)
I am righteous and Holy (Ephesians 4:24)
I am a citizen of heaven, seated in heaven right now (Philippians 3:20)
I am hidden with Jesus Christ in God (Colossians 3:3)
I am complete in my Lord Jesus Christ, and I shall no want (Colossians 2:9,10)
I am an expression of the life of Jesus Christ, because he is my life (Colossians 3:4)
I am chosen of God, holy and loved (Colossians 3:12, 1 Thessalonians 1:4)
I am a son or a daughter of light (1 Thessalonians 5:5)
I am a Holy participant and responder of a heavenly calling (Hebrews 3:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment